Thursday, September 27, 2007

I'm Just Sayin

This past weekend I had the pleasure of seeing some "queens" up close and personal. Beyonce, Mary J, Kelly Rowland, Tina Turner just to name a few. Lemme set the stage. Me and some friends went to Club Choas. We'd been to one of these "shows" before but that was eons ago and we were feeling the need to do something different since it was her birthday. Uh huh.



Clap. Clap. Fantastic performancers.


We had a good time! But, what fascinated me the most were the men (gay and straight) who reached in their pockets and made it rain on these entertainers. No seriously. There were gay men (the majority of course), straight men, straight women (such as myself and my crew) and gay women all standing there ooh'n and ahh'n with our mouths open, eyes wide because it was truly a site to behold. Everybody and I do mean everybody held money in the air because this type of "artistry" was indeed dollar worthy.

Now on to what's got me so dayum puzzled! I for one am very open minded. Whateva floats ya boat is all good with me because who am I to say anything about what you like or dislike. *shrug* But somebody answer me this, what is the appeal with drag queens for gay men??? If you're a gay man why do you want a man that looks like a woman, titties, stretch marked azz and all (see pics above)??? *scratching my head* What is the attraction? Is it more of having the best of both worlds? When these queens came out to do their thing, you could see the men salivating. All of them! I can sorta kinda see why a straight man would because to him, he's looking at a woman nevermind the dyck and balls "she" got tucked tween "her" muscular thighs. So I'm giving the straight men some slack. I ain't gone lie, some of them had ME fooled because they looked so friggin authentic. LOL!

But the gays hooping and hollering and actin a fool???? I can't call it. I resign to the fact that I will never understand this culture no matter how much I love them. I'll party with them any day of the week because I know that I can shake my azz in peace. I'm just sayin.

Durty

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the queens bring out the ''man'' in these gay men because the queens are beautiful lookin females with male body parts.. so maybe thats a dream come true for them.. I notice that alot of gay men love a womans breast but they dont want what we have ''in between'' lol..

_Tina

Anonymous said...

Those drag queens are so much fun with their extraness !

You are asking the million dollar question. When you find out, let me know, becuase I don't get it either. LOL

Jazzy said...

I agree with Tina. At the end of the day regardless of whether those men look like women...they are still men, so I could see why gay men love them.

I'm more confused at why the straight men would salivate over women that they KNOW are men.

MrsNotYourMomma said...

But if he's a man, albeit gay, why are you turned on, attracted to, in awe of (whatever fits) something so feminine, yet with a man? If anything about a woman is attractive to you, why not be with a woman?

Sure, I see beautiful women and admire body parts of theirs (flat stomachs, toned thighs, smooth skin, etc.) but I don't look at women with any sexual interest. A gay man looking at another man appearing as a woman, with sexual interest (and we know gay men sleep with queens) means you want a woman. Therefore, I don't understand why you're with a man.

MrsNotYourMomma said...

@ opinionated diva - I agree 110% with your second para. I wish I would find my husband in a club givin dollars to those MEN!

And OK, I understand a little more what you and Tina mean that they are still men, so a gay man is going to be excited about another man, regardless if he looks like a woman. That makes sense. Cool.

DurtyMo said...

LOL@Tina..dumb!

@ANON EXTRANESS TO THE NTH DEGREE. I LOVE IT!

@OD Sometimes what you SEE out way what you don't. *sigh* Sick but true!
I'm still baffled though. Can it all be so simple that no matter what they look like these queens are still men therefore gay men love them??

@MRS You're thinking how I'm thinking. I guarantee if you were in the club with me, we'd both be looking dumbfounded as hell. LOL!

proacTiff said...

But they 'feets' is str8 busted, yo! *LOL*

From what I know from some gay men friends, it's not really about what the homosexual looks like, but more about them knowing full well they are men. That spot in the anus is evidently the SPOT for the gay community. Not that some women aren't into anal sex, but if a man wants "that spot" stroked and he's primarily with a woman for society's sake, he goes out to find that fella who will give him what he desires. Remember Teddy P' was caught with a transvestite. Again, try'na appear like he was "normal" with a woman, but was prolly getting his ass banged out. Add several other actors, entertainers, athletes here.

I'm just saying....

Shai said...

I agree, I scratch my head too. I mean boobs on top and balls on the bottom. Maybe they want to touch someone with male and female features. "shrugging"

dc_speaks said...

WTF!!!! I'm goin to be sick!!!

CapCity said...

this reminded me that when i was a little girl and first learned about "bull-daggers" & "sweet" men - WAYYY back pre-Pol.Correctness...LOL! i often wondered - if SHE wanted to dress like a man and HE wanted to dress like a woman why don't they just get together? LOL! ahhh, the innocence of youth. but to be honest, i still don't really "get" it - but everything ain't for me to understand;-)

Miss Snarky Pants said...

Hmmmm How freakishly interesting all of this is...

dc_speaks said...

im still sick.

BK said...

ROTFLMAO.. hahahaa

I can't call it.. all I know is I love hanging out with them.. cause I have hella fun!!

Ms.Honey said...

Hmmm interesting question.

DurtyMo said...

LOL@PRO You simple! Hahaha @ str8 busted yo!

@Shai That's what I'm saying. Best of both worlds I guess *shrug*

@DC Hahahahhahaahah

@Cap Why my ppl call'em bulldaggas and sweet men too! LOL! hilarious!

@MSB Not freakishly interestin tho. LOL! My interest has been peaked for sure.

@LA It ain't even meant for us to understand.

@BK I'm sayin. I LOVE BEING AROUND THEM. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!

@HL If you've neva been around the queens, it's a must!