Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Open Book


Is this you? Is your life an open book? Do you tell the people closest to you everything that you may or may not have going on? Do you purposefully tell them every detail about everything or do you pick and chose what you tell whether it be consciously or subconsciously? Do you even take pause and think before you tell anybody anything no matter how close they are to you? Tell me what you do.

I think before I speak. I do this with every one. Even down to my bestest of bestest. She tells me everything (every detail) or at least I think she does and I enjoy that. But what I enjoy most is that she knows that I don't tell every detail (most time can't remember the time line or in what order shyt happened) and she's ok with that. She knows that I can tell a story in about three sentences. I am NOT a random talker. Nope, that's not me.

I don't know if I'd say I keep secrets or don't tell things because I'm being dishonest or disloyal or any of that. I guess my thing is if you tell everything, what do you have for yourself? If you share everything, what's left? Maybe it was a small piece of the story that I wanted to keep to myself moreso than me hiding it. Does that make sense? I'm a quiet person, some might even say I'm private. *shrug* I dunno, I guess that I am.

So what happens when the people closest to you question if you share everything with them? I mean am I suppose to? Because they're included in my circle means that they are entitled to know everything even when I'm at home laying on the couch wondering how it would feel to be BeYaki (beyonce for those of you who lack humor) for a day? *lol* I mean its random dumb stuff like that that I don't care to share with anybody because it's dumb and unimportant and means absolutely nothing. Am i entitled to share that? I'm just saying.

Just like this blog. Stunna has no idea I have it then he might be dick tracy and know everything about this blog . *shrug* I don't really care, honest I don't but I'm not going out my way to say hey Stun, I got a new blog, come read. Umm nope. Some things I just want to keep to myself. Can I have something just for me? That's all I'm asking.

Do y'all share everything with ya folks or do you keep some things under wraps just because?

Holla atcha girl..

Durty

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nope cant tell it all. but if you really dont have nuffin exciting going on in your life.. what is there to really tell?

Tina

Organized Noise said...

Most of my life is an open book. I may not have been an angel all of my life, but I have learned from all of my mistakes and have no problem talking about most of the stuff in my past. The only time I bite my tongue is when it involves other people. You can't tell everyone everything. Some things you have to keep for yourself.

MrsNotYourMomma said...

No, I don't tell everything for some of the same reasons as you: you can't remember some things, especially the little, insignificant things; nobody but Jesus really ought to know everything; and because why I gotta tell you? I don't.

The funny thing is, though, talking and sharing and opening up is therapeutic for me. And I wish I could tell somebody even the dumb things. I wish I did have somebody besides Jesus to tell everything to. I'd stay open just because it helps me!

Jazzy said...

I don't tell everything. I don't mind someone giving me all the details and goings on of their life, but some things I just prefer to leave unsaid.

DurtyMo said...

@Tina My thoughts exactly. It ain't like my life a bag of tricks cuz trust me it ain't.

@ON Funny thing is my life is an open book. I am sooo not ashamed of my past I'm just talking about random every day stuff that happens. Do you tell it?

@MRS LOL! How come I knew you'd say that? Huh?

@Diva I'm with you. Leave shyt unsaid and lets keep it moving. People talk to much anyway. Make me sick!

So...Wise...Sista said...

I'm what my friends call "secretive." Even with big things that happen, I seem to "forget" to mention them.

But what they dont get and I never really realized until recently is that as a kid my older brothers and even my parents made it seem like chatty and dependent were the WORST burdens. So I always just kept shit to myself. No biggie to me, but it's a glaring to my friends who like.to.share.every.single.solitary.bit.of.info.about.every.single.thing. lol

proacTiff said...

I am selfish with certain things too. It's the only child in me. Or I am hella paranoid that someone will use something I've shared with them against me. And how can one truly be mad because once it's let out there you can't take it back. Unlike you, I CAN NOT tell a story in three sentences. I think that is why you appreciate your bestest bestest for her tell-all ability and willingness. I think I would feel slighted though after a while of sharing with another and it never being reciprocated. I KNOW I would. It has happened to a few of my so-called friendships. Now I keep my telling to a minimum that way I know where the info gets leaked. :D

Diva's Thoughts said...

I'm very closed off in real life.

Organized Noise said...

Yeah, I talk about random everyday stuff, but that's on a private blog. Too many lurkers to have some stuff out in public.

Anonymous said...

I can honestly say that I generally share. I am not into secrets, but can I tell you that as this year has gone on, I have become more introspective and tend to keep stuff to myself.

I like this about me. It helps me stay focused and reminds me to shut up sometimes, cuz not everyone is happy for you!

BF:-)

JustMeWriting said...

I'm a 'think first' person too...and it's not on purpose...but some people get more detail then others.

A couple of my friends are kinda pissed now because they didn't know I was leaving my job...so it's like, "why did I keep it a secret?" But, I think it's moreso you tell the story to your best friends then get tired of talking about it...HAHAH... so everyone else hear when they hear.