Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Fryed, Dyed, Laid to tha Sydeeee


One of my biggest pet peeves is when nigs feel it necessary to tell you what you can and can not do to your hair. That, my friends, is something I can.not.will.not tolerate.

Case in point:

Stunna, my current piece, knows better than to vocalize his opinions about my hair because he know that he know that he know I do whateva I want to MY hair. Although he does like this one particular style and I do (I must admit) try to accomodate him as much as possible he still knows the deal. I'm a chameleon when it comes to my do. Sorry, I just am.
I had a natural for all of five minutes *lol* and I could tell that he wasn't overjoyed with it BUT he didn't overstep himself and say "I don't like that on you blah blah blah" cuz then I wouldda cut it ALL off and we wouldda been twins. Then what would he have said? Hmpf!

My ex-husband on the other hand HATED braids. So each opportunity I got, I braided my shyt out of spite. Yep sure did. Cuz I'm like how you gone tell me what to do with my hair? What part of the game is that? Get the fuk outta here. I'm how old? Yea, that's what I thought. *thuggish ruggish*

I get so tired of hearing "if I cut my hair, so and so will have a fit. He likes me with long hair!" It doesn't matter that yo azz look blah as hell with that long dead hair. Long hair and no style is not cute on any level. So ladies please stop the madness. For true! And if ya man loves long hair but you not capable of growing yours at the rate he'd like, please don't go get the long, flowy, hollywood barbie, yaki weave. Please don't. I'm begging you. Please.

So my real question is:

To the ladies, does ya S.O. really care what you do or don't do to your hair? Do they recognize/comment when you switch it up?

To the men, do you care what kinda style ya girl is rockin? And if you not feeling it, do you give your honest opinion and tell her that her shyt is ugly/ain't becoming/not attractive/etc.*lol*?

Holla atcha girl

Durty

12 comments:

MrsNotYourMomma said...

Well, when I cut my hair, it was spur of the moment. I had been talking about it for awhile, but didn't know that night I would finally do it. CB loved it. He told me I looked sexy and he could not stop staring. So my shyt will be short. Not that he didn't complement me before I cut it, but he didn't take as much interest in it as he does now that it's short. So does my S.O. care what I do with my hair? No. But he sure as heck is liking it short, and I like him liking it, so I'mma keep it short.

Although I'm growing it out now (cracking up) just to see how long it grows with the preg. I'm gon whack it all back off when baby drops. He hasn't noticed yet that it's longer because it's too subtle right now. He doesn't know how to notice details like that, but will he have a problem with it? Nah. I don't think so.

dc_speaks said...

hair style is not important to me. she wears what she likes and i'm all for it.

DurtyMo said...

Aww Mrs. I love your hair short!! LOL@ grow it out for the pregnancy *staring at u* LOL! ok..

@PRO LOL@ u paid his azz back by goin natural the last and FINAL time! Ha! That's what I'm saying. Men need to learn to shut up about certain stuff for real!

@DC Aww see I know yo woman like pray to the good Lawd every night that she got you. You a diamond in the dayum rough! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Well Brooks likes long hair.. I like it to if I had someone to pay for my hairdressa bill every 2 weeks.. Mything is.. Its my hair and im the one who has to deal with it. if you dont like it then o well.. I dont like men noways so who really cares what they think???

Diva's Thoughts said...

I try to keep my hair a decent length because men love long hair so I try to accomdate.

DurtyMo said...

Diva are you for serious or you for play play?

1969 said...

My hair is shoulder length right now but I have grown and cut my hair more times than I can count.

My husband (of course) likes it long but guess what? It's not his.....LOL

He flows through all of the changes with me because he has to love ME....not my hair.

DurtyMo said...

Amen 69 Amen! Women be real wif yo shyt! *sigh*

Jazzy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jazzy said...

I'm a chameleon with my hair too. It grows fast and for a while all I did was keep it in a poneytail to keep it out of my face. BORING!

One time I cut my hair, my man (currently an ex) damn near cried! He was so mad at me. I told him, "Do I make a big damn deal when you cut YOUR hair????" That shut him up.

The guy I'm KINDA seeing now. He's from the caribbean and he likes my natural hair, twists or pretty much whatever I do to it.

I don't understand cutting or not cutting your hair JUST BECAUSE your man wont have it any other way.

@ Diva's Thoughts - You serious?

Ms.Honey said...

Funny that you should mention this. I have locs and recently I got some weave put in Hun was like hmm ok..he didnt say he liked it or that he didnt like it...he was just like hmm but the first time he got the chance he was like you look like a light skin Tina Turner LOL..he knows I change my hair up so often he just needs to roll with it or get rolled on LOL

JustMeWriting said...

I'm seriously slippen...this was posted two days ago...lol. Girl, I'm so feeling you on this. One of my ex's used to go crazy when I'd attemp to wear a natural and BEG me not to do it. Now, my last S.O said...I could shave all my hair off and I'd still be the most beautiful women in the world to him (liar-pig)LOL... just kidding, he aight!