Friday, July 27, 2007

Stood Up


He was suppose to come between 5:00p and 8:00p. I left work at 2:00 just to make sure I'd be home in time, make sure the place looked nice, everything in order. All I needed was for him to hook me up, provide a service, tell me to have a nice day, simple stuff. I felt anxious at 4:30 because I know how it is. It has happened to me before, I've been here standing at the window watching every car go by wondering if it's him. At 5:30 I'm restless. He's late. It doesn't matter what the window of time is, to me he's late. He's not thinking about me as much as I am him, clearly. It's 5:45.

At 6:00, I call to see where he is. Nobody knows. Nobody can answer my questions. Why is he not here? When will I see him?

At 6:30 I cook dinner. I don't know what else to do. I can only stand at the window and watch for so long. I can't take the disappointment when I see my neighbor's car, the ice cream truck, a boy on a bike passing by. Nobody is thinking about me, nobody has respect for my time. All I needed was for him to show up, let me know that I too am important.

At 7:00 my mind races, my anger grows, my self pity is back. How can he do me like this? Me? What have I done to him? I'm a nice person! All I needed was for him to hook me up. That's it.

At 8:00 I know the deal. No need to continue to hold onto the false hope that I matter in all of this. It doesn't matter how I feel or that I stayed home and waited for him. It just doesn't matter.

At 9:30 I get a phone call.."Ms. Durty, I'm sorry but can we reschedule your high speed internet installation for tomorrow? The technician is stuck on another job and it's already 9:30."

That my friends, is the story of my dayum life!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

maybe you just need to get a typewriter..cuz obviously the internet wasnt meant to be in Dumfries


_Tina

babybear said...

LOL!!! The bastards! They always playing with our emotions.

DurtyMo said...

Tina I soooo don't like you fa real fa real! *shew* Is it so hard to get the internet.. I mean let's be honest!

@BB Hmpf! My emotions stay on hi alert dealin w/ inconsiderate folk! Bastids!

JustMeWriting said...

LOL... you TRIED to trick me into thinking that was about ANOTHER kind of 'hookup', but I'm hip to your jive missy...HAHAHAHAH.

Those service people get on my nerves with the darn windows...but try to pay them in a 'window'...of today and next year...LOL.

DurtyMo said...

LOL@ JMW Im sayin.. I feel like a scorned lover or some crap! Yea let me try and pay in a got dayum window..i will be internetless FOR REAL! *bastids*

Ms.Honey said...

LOL You had me cause I sure did think you were talkin about a man I was getting my black together and about to hit Tyrone and them on the speed dial LOL

Virtuous said...

Thanks for coming by to visit my blog!

I "put a fork in it" because I am SO done!! LOL

Interesting reads here, I will definitely be stopping by now! ;o)

dc_speaks said...

hey...you tricked me..but i can relate for sure.

great post.

lol

proacTiff said...

Oh! my damn. You so had me going. At first I thought you were sitting and waiting in a salon of sorts until you explained tht you went to go cook to pass the time. Either way, I was fuming along with you. But now I know it was the I.T. folk my heart goes out to you. They need to hook you up with a free month of some extra premium channels. Or somthing. Thanks for showing me some love. It's refreshing to get out of my comfort-blog-zone and visit with other great writers. "I'll be bach!"

DurtyMo said...

LOL@HL Violence aint the key chile. I'm tryna keep a cool head but it aint even working!

@VIRT Nooo thank you for stoppin by!

@DC Shoot I'm sayin I feel like I'm in a lover's quarrel with them bastids.. make me sick!

@PRO thanks for coming!!

@Wise LOL! They was NOT havin it! Plus the lil guy was mexican that had called..im like what? huh? Ugh!

BK said...

ROTFLMAO.. so I know you got a discount RIGHT????? AT LEAST A MONTH FREE!!!

DurtyMo said...

I aint get shyt but another installation time! LOL!