Monday, July 23, 2007

I Sho Do Luv My Rev'ren..He Can't Do No Wrong!

I wasn't gonna blog about this but I just can't help it. I went home this past weekend to visit my folks and this is still the hot topic around town.

Click to read this foolishness.

I was born and raised in this church and my fam still attends. The congregation moved from a "small" brick building to a MEGA million dollar facility last year cuz Rev'ren said he had a vision. Uh huh.. I bet no one knew his vision included choke-holding nappy headed hoes when they stepped outta line. Ha!

So not funny but still..

My granny's position is this. She doesn't understand why he needed to build big that great big church (her words not mine) in the first place. My granny is 82 and from the old school. If it ain't broke don't fix it. She continues to attend every Sunday but you best believe she got her best eye on the Rev'ren cuz to her "something ain't right" and no man should put his hands on a woman no matter who he is or who he work for! Gone granny!

My brother's position is that "the ho" is out to get the Rev'ren's money. Yea, she devised this master plan to take over the church AND all his money. But Rev be up every Sunday begging for money for lights and mortgage and stuff. Wouldn't that mean that the church is in debt? Who'd want that? Mind you bruh hasn't said a thing about the "I'mma choke the shyt outta you" episode. Uh huh..

My momma's position is that the girl comes from a troubled family. Her daddy and momma both been in jail and her baby(s) daddy in jail as we speak. She hangs around young girls and has the "ghetto" mentality. Now this is funny coming from my momma. She doesn't gossip and rarely voices her opinion about anything but I guess she feels the need to protect her pastor.

In the car this past weekend.

Me: "What's the latest with your pastor?"

Momma: "I dunno. The girl had no business cussing at authority."

Word is homegirl cussed at the Rev's wife when she questioned the girl about showing up to work late. So I guess this ticked the Rev off and he couldn't contain himself. *shrug*

Me: "True. But dang."

Momma: "Her family kind of streetish anyway so who knows."

Me: "Yea who knows."

Momma: "It's gonna be thrown out of court. It's nothing but he say/she say. Just something else for folks to talk about."

Me: "Well, we know the devil stays busy."

Momma: "Uh huh".

I was waiting to see if she'd even acknowledge the fact that he yanked her up but she didn't so that was my cue to leave well enough alone. I wasn't gonna get anymore convo out of her about it. I've always said that I have a problem with folk who look up to men of the cloth with stars in their eyes. We can not forget that these people are human too and are not beyond laying the smack down when they deem appropriate. LOL!

It ain't funny cuz I can only imagine the hell Rev'ren goin through but for real for real, be careful who you worship and how you worship!

Be ez. Have a nice day!







5 comments:

Anonymous said...

lawd at the good rev'run! Just like the most of the good ones, always some mess. I hope she gets paid! lol

bf:-)

Anonymous said...

I agree with about "who" you worship. You cannot put your trust in man. Ever! They will disappoint you ever time. It's a shame that he won't address the situation. Oh, well. God will bring those things that are hidden in the dark out into the light. The Rev sounds kinda foul. But I ain't the one to judge. God Bless him.

babybear said...

Not for nothin but people put too much faith in the church and the people who run the church instead putting their faith into God. That's all I'm gone say about that there...

MrsNotYourMomma said...

Not trying to be funny, and no I don't condone what Rev did, but there are people in my church I wish my pastor would lay a hand on. But that would be wrong, I know.

I think the troubling thing is that it was a woman. I can see bangin up a man, but not a woman. I don't think it's an issue of people puttng faith in the pastor or the church (as opposed to God), but that he assaulted a woman. (shrug)

Ms.Honey said...

Let me find out your from the 757 LOL ok that's all I got to say cause if I comment onthe other thing this could get long LOL