Sunday, August 26, 2007

Where They At?

Hey people! What it do? I tried not to seem pressed about this and hold it and not blog until Monday morning. What-ev! We in a crisis ya'll!

So I went to my hometown this weekend and I hooked up with my homegirl. The heat index was about 106 so we decided we'd see what VA Beach was doing. It wasn't doing NOTHING. Nothing y'all. In 91-92, we shut that shyt down every weekend, all times of the night meeting, greeting and grinning. Me and her. My momma's tan Chevette. My pockets deep from waitressing at my momma's spot. Her keeping the time to make sure we made curfew. Me not caring cuz I wasn't the one with the curfew. Her caring too much cuz her ass was on the line. She is the ying to my yang. Fun times. Fun times.

We walked the strip. We walked the boardwalk. There were several mini concerts going on, a lot of folk milling around. With all that freaking walking and looking, we came to the same dayum conclusion.

We.did.not.see.any.handsome/attractive/cute.men.our.age!!! (30's)

Not a one! There were some "could be cute" ones but they were bunned up. Ugh. And you best believe those women were holding on to their arms, making their presence felt. I was rolling my eyes all freaking night cuz it was unnecessary. It was too dayum hot to be all up on folk staking your claim and shyt. It really ain't that serious! *blown*

Boo with the potbelly pushing a stroller. Not cute. U might as well of kept yo eyes straight ahead, you lookin at us becuz???
Boo with the thug-luv attire (wife beata, baggy jeans, sex in the eyes, beer on the breath). I can't and I won't.
Boo that was young enough to be my seed telling me he could handle all this. Wow.
Boo that couldda been our daddy looking at us like we were a 2-piece spicy. The nerve.

Serious crisis.

We weren't out there trying to get some burn (I'm spoken for) we just wanted something nice to look at. Something to say dayummmmmmmm about. My stock in men is at an all time low and this weekend ain't do shyt to change my mind.

Where all the good lookin brothas at? Can anybody tell me where the good lookin folk hang out?

Holla.

Durty.

20 comments:

anonymousnupe said...

Seriously? Black mega (2k+ membership) Churches (e.g., Reid Temple) in the D.C. 'burbs. Thick.

Anonymous said...

LOL @ the old dude looking at yall like a 2 piece. I've never been to VA beach. Where are the men? I have no idea. I'd say try churches and maybe book stores...*shrug*

Anonymous said...

Chile.. I am so sick of the generation of fatherless men (borrowed this saying from a co-worker). They either making babies, gay, or dl or don't know. They need jesus and I need a husband. I agree with anonymousnupe there are some men at church; First Baptist of Glenarden has some, but I am scared especially since Juanita Bynum's husband almost killed her last week.

what is a woman to do?? Help me Jesus, cuz 99 1/2 won't do!

BF :-)

Anonymous said...

This is a much overlooked crisis in this country. Black men are becoming extinct. The gov't needs to throw some of that war money at this problem. I can't talk bcuz this war is keeping my bills paid! Seriously, if someone knows where they at please let a sistah know!

-LB

anonymousnupe said...

Keep in mind, especially in light of Anon BF's comments concerning JB and her husband's attack on her, that there ain't no guarantees up in "chuch," either. It's still just a snapshot of society at-large, so the same issues and problems will exist. I guess the idea is to simply increase your "odds," (the non-existence of luck notwithstanding) by looking in a place that's at least obstensibly sound.

Anonymous said...

All of the men are gay.. *heyy* yall just betta make a man a BFF and call it a day.. cuz they dont want our stuff anymore

*katina

BK said...

DEAD AT YA POST.. EVEN DEADER AT THE COMMENTS.. LMAO

Ummm I can't help you.. WE IN THE SAME BOAT MA!

Tasha said...

I would say they're at the mega churches too, but it looks like them dudes is crazy too!! Seriously, the cute/attractive/not fugly as hell dude count is pretty alright at the grocery store of all places. *sigh* At least you know he has a job, right.

jali said...

Guys my age look like my father - I can't take it - I have to date the teenie weenies.

Organized Noise said...

I thought all the men in Virginia were hanging out with Michael Vick. That might be why you couldn't find any.

DurtyMo said...

@Nupe I ain't lookin lookin I was just tryna help some of my single girlfriends out cuz for real, ain't nothing lookin too appealin these days! LOL@ reid temple. I might have to check them out tho *wink*

@FF LOL@ bookstore. That's VERY optimistic of you. *crackin up*

@BF Shout out to FBGC. I miss Rev. Jenkins *sigh* LOL@ they need Jesus and you need a husband! You crack me up!

@LB I'm sayin!

@Katina You so simple it's a shame! LOL! wooo

@BK You gots nothin? LOL! Dang!

@Tasha Ok I can see the grocery store until you said at least we'll know he got a job. So you actually meant that he works there? LOL ok.

@Jali Not the Teenie Weenies! Be careful cuz they will turn you out!

@ON You know you wrong, right?

anonymousnupe said...

Oh, Mo, I know it wasn't for you (I was simply answering the quasi-rhetorical question you posed). It was "fo my frin." Right. If you do stake out, uh, visit read, take along some binoculars. Yep, it’s like that up in’ner.

Jazzy said...

lmao@these comments...DAYAM!!

I thought for sure there would be SOMEONE with answers or some smart ass comment about we lookin in the wrong place but noooooooooo...lots of agreement.

SCAREY!!

proacTiff said...

My gym is holding down a few gym rats. Girl can't get her workout on if I don't keep my gawking at a minimum. I mean, like old fogie with the 2-pc spicy looks, a few of the tenderoni's be looking like a DETOUR Bar up in there. Or I'm just mad hungry that early in the morning.

I could definitely kick it with you and Yin-Yang. *laffs*

Ms.Honey said...

Ummm WOW. About a youngin tellin you he could handle you LOL...alrighty then

VA Beach tends to be dead unless it's a big weekend or a game weekend you know how that goes LOL

proacTiff said...

I'm in desperate need of a tell it like itis word from the best of 'em: Where you @ Durty? You been back, made a list from our myriad of suggestions, and checkin out the spots twice? I want a FULL disclosure report on my desk ASAP. - TI Damn a Friday. *LOL*

DurtyMo said...

LOL@NUPE Dang you crack me up!

@ODIVA It ain't lookin too good. I tell ya!

@PRO LOL@ gym rat. Chile, chile, chile. I'm tellin you them tenderoni's are lethal!

@HL Dead! Dead! Dead! Won't shit happening!

@PRO Shoot! This is a pitiful lil list of spots to check out, truth be told. It's a sad sad day for single women thats for dayum sure!

Miss Snarky Pants said...

LMAO @ dude lookin' at y'all like y'all were a two piece spicy.

Girl...I wish I could tell you where the good looking fellas hang out at.

Tell you what tho'...when you find out, let a sistah know :-)

Diva's Thoughts said...

THere is a major issue here that needs to addressed. I'm not sure if anything can really be done.

dc_speaks said...

this was hilarious! i have no intention of answering where good looking dudes cause I dont look for dudes. I am not a senator from Idaho.

hahahahahahha