Wednesday, August 1, 2007

My Dogs Be Barkin!


I can't pinpoint the exact day or time when my feet officially said "eff you"! I use to rock high heels, like ALL THE TIME. Now, my feet are not having it! I might can do one or two hours but after that my feet start hollerin Bytch Please! Loud! Nothing is worse than thinkin you cute with ya feet throbbin! Cuz it definitely shows on ya face. Not a good look.

For the past two summers, flip flops and flats have been my closest allies. I have a closet fulla shoes but I refuse to be tippin round DC with my feet hurtin. And you know DC sidewalks are some shyt. They will scar the shyt out your heels (the cracks use to always get me for some reason??!?? *shrug*) I have no idea what I'd wear to da club, God forbid I ever decide to go. Standin round tryna look cute is soooo summer 2005. I can't and I won't. If my outfit can't be cute with my flip flops or flats then *sigh* I don't know what to tell you. Sue me. It's all about comfort now baby! You best believe. I'm already short as hell so I really need heels to give me some height but I refuse to sacrifice my feet just so I can appear to be taller. What? Nope.

I see women on the train all the time in their Sunday's best shoes and all. Where are they goin? It definitely could not be me! I remember I was on the train and a dude tried to holler. First thang out his mouth was "hey, where you on your way to?" I was like huh? work idiot! LOL!!! I keep it gangsta with jeans, tshirt and flip flops/flats. Thank gawd for relaxed dress codes! Geesh!

And if I'mma be completely honest, some of the flats hurt my feet too. *shrug* Either they too tight across the front or they squeeze my baby toe and that's definitely a no go! So I'll just stick with my Old Navy flip flops (they come in every color and they are $2.99) *lol* and rock 'em til my feet be like you givin me grief yo! Then I'll walk around in house shoes cuz I am so not tryna impress anybody walking round with broke down feet!*lol*

Holla atchu girl...

Durty


16 comments:

Anonymous said...

betta get some Dr.Scholls lol.

MrsNotYourMomma said...

Not house shoes, though! LOL Unfortunately, I'm beyond choosing cute for comfort and I done jacked my feet up beyond repair. I was the one in heels all the time, but not only that, I would buy them smaller cuz I was on some ole small feet look cuter than big feet-type issh. Now, everybody's feet look better than mine, whether in flip flops, flats, sneaks or whatever. So I'mma stay *mute* on this and let yall discuss amongst yourselves. *sigh*

Retrospect said...

Ummm, I already dun cried to Argentina about my feets.
I can't and I don't understand how others can.

Ugh.
Imma try to go shoe shoppin this weekend to look for some cute and comfortables.

Do they even exist???

JustMeWriting said...

LOL...WOW, this blogging thing really allows you to meet just like you...hahahah, because GIRL, that's me all the way. I REFUSE to hurt myself to look cute. I ONLY buy shoes that are comfee. and what's with the wearing heels ALL week long...it can be a saturday morning in the laundry and I'll see a women in heels with pajama pants on...LOL. (just kidding, but you get the idea).

And when your feet hurt your WHOLE body seems to hurt and you don't care if your cute or not...LOL.

DurtyMo said...

@ANON Dr. Scholl's cant help this *sigh*

@MRS LOL!!! What in the world! So you'd purposefully buy shoes in a smalla size to do what exactly? *dyin laffin*

@Keesh I know po thang! I'm with you tho cuz my feet be like "don't EVEN try it!" LOL!

@JMW LOL!!! Yea you see the chicks in da cargo pants and heels and I'm thinkin what the hell is this? I can't and I won't. LOL@ ya whole body be hurtin. Yean NEVA lied! *shew*

Ms.Honey said...

LOL

You know one of my girls was saying she wears these things in her heels now that make it more comfortable for her to wear them

If I know I have to wear heels one day earlier that day I'll wear flats allll day LOL

I cant' stand for my feet to hurt I like to walk fast and that slows me down

Dee said...

I vote with anonymous at the top

you need to be gellin'

or how about wedges? Those will give you the height but dstribute your weight on your feet more evenly

Jazzy said...

I love my heels. In my younger years, have went partying and came home wearing only one shoe. For some reason while I'm in the club and dancing, I don't feel the throb. BUT...the minute I leave the club doors...the pain sets in!! lmao! I have learned to stop doing that shyt!

I have a high tolerance for pain (dont ask how I know this), but there is just something about wearing shoes that hurt the baby toe...can't do it, so I don't. I don't care how cute the shoe...if my feet are all squinched up, I don't buy 'em!

lmao@your feet tell you "eff you"!!!

DurtyMo said...

@HL Shoot..me and heels are NOT friends. Seriously.

@GC LOL@ gellin'. Them commercials URK ME!!! I got a few wedges and I don't like those either. I need total comfort not no partial stuff. *sigh* R.I.P. high heels cuz they dead 2 me!

DurtyMo said...

lol@DIVA Don't get me wrong I love heels too just not on my feet. They pretty to look at...thats about it! LOL @ you hobblin out the club w/ one shoe..what? LOL!

dc_speaks said...

um...i have to opt out of this conversation. I'm not able to relate on this one. but it is funny to read what women will do to be cute.

i'll have to appreciate my woman's shoes just a lil bit more when she is in heels, just in case they aren't comfy.

thanks for the lesson ladies.

DurtyMo said...

LOL! DC you need to go home and rub her feet! Right now!!!! We go thru some bullshyt to look cute and men need to know!

Young, Horny, and a Teacher said...

only time i even wear sneakers or anything closed toe is in the winter. flip-flops are a staple in my wardrobe.

dc_speaks said...

ok...ill do it today just because...but she wasn't in heels yesterday...LOL

she ain't in heels today either...but I will take your advice and have one on credit for another time...hahahahahahaha

Anonymous said...

I wear flip flops. My toes are messed up!

Ladynay said...

I don't do heels. I own maybe 3 pair and 2 have dust on the boxes! LOL